We already identified that stripes as one of the 12 wardrobe essentials: here! So this post will shed some light on some striped pieces that are not essentials (e.g a basic striped t-shirt) – in terms of their style and design, but will take your outfit from 0 – 100 quite literally!
Note; These pieces should be bought after you have bought an essential striped piece: something you can wear almost everyday!
So here are five reasons why you need stripes in your wardrobe:
- Stripes are an upgrade from your classic white shirt! This Shirt by the Row is proof!
- Stripes add dimension to any outfit! Just look at this Proenza Scholer shirt!
- Stripes are flattering! (When placed and cut right) Gul Hergel definitely got it right!
- Stripes come in shoes and add pizzazz to the most basic outfit! Yes to these no. 21 mules!
- Stripes come in handbags too! Hey there Mulberry, this bag is a killer!
All images are a product of net-a-porter!
As always, stay inspired!