Learning how to build a practical wardrobe is one of the most requested services at Anka. So on Saturday 4th of March, we partnered with Monica Awe-Etuk of Awed by Moni for a practical styling workshop to teach you guys how to build one. The workshop was held at the Meidei Illupeju store, such a beautiful space!
We discussed the 12 wardrobe essentials for the Nigerian woman, how to build a capsule wardrobe, the balance of accessorising and how to dress for your lifestyle. Here are some images from the workshop.
Here are some important tips we highlighted at the workshop:
- Balance is everything: understand what you want to say with you outfit and say it
- The 12 wardrobe essentials are a MUST HAVE in your wardrobe, everything else is a want
- If you want to invest in designer pieces or brands, make sure that the designs are true to your individual style. So don’t just buy any Chanel bag because it is a Chanel bag, buy one that is true to your style, there is a wide variation.
- Building a capsule wardrobe simply means building on the 12 wardrobe essentials you have. An example is buying a pink blazer. It is not a need, but a want, however it helps build your capsule wardrobe if you already have a black one that is required by your wardrobe essentials.
- Accesorise take any outfit from 0 to 100, know what percentage to stop at.
Alright guys, I hope you’ve had an amazing time reading this. If you’ll like to learn more about fashion and style please keep reading. I will also be speaking this Saturday at The Water Brook in Lagos and will love to see you all. Please find the details are in the flyers below.
As always, stay inspired!