Okay gems, you might wanna get a cup of coffee for this one!
I have only recently just finished reading “DESIGN YOUR LIFE” by Rachel Roy and in this book, she opines what I startedANKA to do here in Nigeria and hopefully all over the world. And this is that self-expression matters!
You are in charge of your life and the choices you make. Therefore, the woman that you believe yourself to be or the woman that you are, can only be brought to life by the choices you make, which reflects through your personal and individual style.
As women, we juggle so many things and wear so many hats. We are mother, sister, friend, entrepreneur, full time worker, wife, board member etc and we have to be able to let the world see the beauty in every facet of our lives through our deliberate fashion and style choices. Trust me, this is not as tasking and calculated as it seems and you don’t need expensive clothes or a wardrobe full of clothes to express yourself. The trick is to dress for all the personalities that you are and always wear an outfit that represents your truth because you never know where the day might take you!
Style tip: Swap your regular leggings and t-shirt with flip flops for shinny leggings and a crisp white shirt with sandals or slip-ons when running errands and you will still look and feel stylish. Remember that although comfort is key, it must not be detrimental.
I hope this post was helpful and it inspired you in a multitude of ways.I’ll like to leave you with some of my favorite quotes:
1. “I want everyone to wear what they want and mix it in their own way. That, to me, is what is modern.” – KARL LAGERFIELD.
2. “Always keep your eyes open. Keep watching. Because whatever you see can inspire you”. – GRACE CODDINGTON.
3. “Make your wardrobe as versatile as an actress. It should be able to play many roles”. – JOAN CRAWFORD
4. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world”. – LUCILLE BALL
5. “The reason most people don’t understand their style is because they do not truly understand themselves. They do not know who they are in the center of their being.” – UZO UKEGBU.